Thursday, January 3, 2008

Happy New Year!



Happy New Year's 2008!

I hope everyone had a lovely, safe holiday. We stayed home and watched a favorite film, "Smoke Signals." At midnight (and to be fair, long before and afterwards) all the rednecks of our mountains blasted off illegal fireworks and firearms. I put up a video where you can hear some of the blasts. They echo around the mountains, sounding like war. I'm often reminded of how terrifying it must have been to have lived through the Revolution, the Civil War, or the Mexican-American War, since we're in California.

tedrick - I wouldn't be surprised. Perhaps, many years from now, someone will have the balls to properly adapt the book to film.

tippy - Hope you had a happy New Year, too! I know - the films out nowadays rarely get my interest. I almost never go to the cinema anymore. Though I did crawl out of my hobbit hole to see 3:10 To Yuma, which was excellent. I highly recommend it.

No comments: